This is a recording of the REFRESH webinar that took place on 10 April 2019. This REFRESH webinar provided insights into a collaborative approach to reduce food waste along the whole supply chain. What causes food waste in the supply chain and how can voluntary agreements address this? What is the role for voluntary agreements vs legislation? What can we learn from voluntary agreements implemented in Europe?
- Claire Kneller, Head of Food, WRAP Global (chair)
- David Rogers, Head of International Resource Management, WRAP Global
- Simone Piras, Agricultural and Rural Economist, James Hutton Institute
- Nora Brüggemann, Project Manager, Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Dr Raquel Diaz-Ruiz, Researcher, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The webinar was part of a series of four webinars on 'Tackling Food Waste Across the Supply Chain', launched by the REFRESH Community of Experts (CoE). The series demonstrates how policy makers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, municipalities and many more organisations involved in the food supply chain can effectively address food waste.
REFRESH Community of Experts (CoE) (2019): REFRESH webinar: Voluntary agreements to address food waste. Video. Online: https://youtu.be/s-IBJEraWYc