The international symposium "Food Safety in the EU: Maintaining High Standards and Ensuring Transparency of Information" on food safety, agriculture policy and transparency of information to consumers is hold on January 29, 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
This international symposium provides a timely and invaluable opportunity for food safety experts, government agencies, food industry representatives and other key stakeholders to discuss the latest European regulatory updates regarding food safety, agriculture policy, transparent information to consumers including allergen, animals and plants health. It will also allow delegates to assess the current and future perspectives of the EU’s food law system and of its action at the worldwide level.
- Review the Food Information to Consumers regulation and evaluate its amendments
- Gain insight into recent trends in labelling of food products
- Learn about comprehensive legislation on food and animal feed safety
- Share best practice on how to ensure worldwide imports meet EU food safety requirements
- Discussing the diverging assessments of glyphosate’s carcinogenicity
- Explore ways to reinstate public trust in food safety and review the proposed measures
- Address the issue of dual food standards and engage with the new Directive
- Explore ways to achieve effective rules enforcement and checks
More information on the event and the programme can be found here.