With the World Food Convention, the German newspaper Tagesspiegel is organizing an international, high level event on 22 June 2017 in Berlin. 500 participants from policy, industry, diplomacy, NGOs as well as science and academia will discuss the most pressing issues of global food production and distribution.
In 2050, nine billion people will live on Earth. Already now with only seven billion people to feed, the distribution of resources is unequal and the global food system is not sustainable. REFRESH researcher and communication coordinator Stephanie Wunder will speak in the panel "Human Eating Behaviour".
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Gerd Müller, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Christian Schmidt, Federal Minister of Food and Agriculture
- Arthur Potts Dawson, Green Chef & Advocate, UN World Food Programme
- Dr. Maria Andrade, Senior Sweet Potato Breeder for SSA & Asia, International Potato Center, Mozambique
- Liam Condon, Member of the Board of Management, Bayer AG
The event will take place at the BOLLE Säle, Alt-Moabit 98, 10559 Berlin. The event is free of charge and will be held in English. Simultaneous interpretation into German will be provided. More information about the program, speakers and how to register can be found at the World Food Convention website.