The general aim of the ISEKI_Food conference series is to contribute to the creation of an "open" international forum for researchers, education scientists, technologists and industry representatives as well as food consumers, to promote constructive dialogue and collaboration on topics relevant to Food Science and Technology, Industry and Education and to present and disseminate the results of the activities developed by the ISEKI_Food network projects.
The ISEKI-Food Association (European Association for Integrating Food Science and Engineering Knowledge Into the Food Chainis) and the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna are organising the 4th International ISEKI_Food Conference to be held in Vienna, Austria, 6 - 8 July 2016.
Topics covered at the conference include:
- Education and Training in the Food sector: trends and developments
- Food Technology: process innovation and novel food functionalities
- Food Quality and Safety: new developments
- Food by-products: reduction and utilisation
- Nutrition: trends and impact of food technology
- Responsible Research and Innovation: challenges and practices in the food supply chain
Involving organised speaker sessions, poster presentations and exhibitions, the conference will also offer two pre-conference workshops on the following topics:
- 2nd ISEKI_Food PhD Workshop “Recent Research in the Field of Food Science and Technology”
- Food Waste Recovery Workshop "Recovery of valuable compounds from food processing by-products"
Abstract submission deadline is February 28th 2016